Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Award for me!


I had a very pleasant surprise last week. Sunita Mohan of The Urban Gardener selected me for the Friendship Award. I feel proud indeed to be among the eight bloggers Sunita was authorized to grant the recognition.

Sunita’s is one of the finest garden blogs internationally. It has received a few awards as well. What is remarkable is that she achieved this distinction within a short time.

Incidentally, Sunita is the granddaughter of Dr. Jacob Taliat FRCS, former Surgeon General of Travancore-Cochin State. Please see The greatness of human nature – a true story

The citation reads:

Abraham Tharakan's posts, always a great read, were a great introduction for me when I just got to know about the intriguing, addicting world of blogs. There is such a vibrant blend of everything from local history to culture, nature-watching, traditional recipes, personality sketches, architecture and very perceptive news analysis that it's almost magnetic. I just had to keep checking in every day to see if he had posted something new. But more than anything, his e-mails with a lot of practical advice about blogging techniques and even collections of articles about the subject, keeps me engrossed.”

Thank you Sunita. I really do not know whether the compliment is deserved, but it gives a wonderful feeling nevertheless. What has sustained my blogging is the great support I have received from readers all over the world. I thank them as well.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Sunita Mohan said...

I should be the one thanking you. For your guidance and for all those wonderful insights into my personal history. And for that wonderfully flattering write-up ! I think I'm going to print it out and frame it! :D

Unknown said...

Thank you Anonymous

Unknown said...

Sunita, it was not flattery. Just statement of facts.

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

Congratulations - a well deserved award. Sunita has expressed so well what your blogs detail.

Ashvin said...

Congrats Mr. Tharakan